8.30.2006

what's that smell?

so i'm in the kitchen toasting my mini bagelm cutting my tomato and peeling my orange while my latte heats up. i'm gazing out the kitchen window listening to the children playing in the yard of the house behind us. it's a lovely morning.

then i'm distracted by a smell... hmm... what is that? smoke! what the heck, is someone BBQing at 8am? wait, i can see some smoke, it's outside the window, it's nearby, it's ... WAIT it's coming from MY kitchen, but the toaster is over on the other side...

OMG my latte maker is smoking!

i switch it off and nonchlalantly call out "honey! my latte maker is broken."

"how do you know?" he answers.

"oh from the smoke billowing out of it."

so of course he has to do his manly duty of inspection to make sure it's not something stupid i did apparently. people, this is the simplest contraption on the face of the earth, i did NOT mess it up.

it also happens to make a pretty decent latte for what it is.

so he poked and prodded and turned it back on and explaimed "yeah this has to go."

so i'm a little sad. apparently we're going shopping today now though!

1 comment:

Irish Girl said...

Latte in the am is good. House fires are bad. Oye. Sorry 'bout that.

At least you get to go shopping. Might I suggest you stay far far away from BBB on Washtenaw? Only because 10 million college kids are there right now with their parents who are buying them everything they ever wanted. I know cuz I was stupid enough to wander in there after class today.

How was the Cape? Hello? Are you going to share or not?

Still up in the air about this weekend. We have lazy-bone-syndrome. And about a shit ton of yard work. Bad combo.