4.12.2007

uncomfortable

i've hit the very uncomfortable phase i think. monkey seems so big, so heavy. i can't tie my shoes, or even put them on that well. sleeping is becoming an issue again. my maternity clothes are starting to be too small... and it's friggin snowing -- HARD -- in mid-april, which not only is depressing but i'm sick again too.

and as ready as i am to be done with pregnancy, we're so not ready to have the baby at home. yes, yes, i know it will all work out... but someone *ahem* seems to have lost his drive on finishing the upstairs. this means that the guest room is empty, with no floor and all the crap (and i mean CRAP, the guest room used to be our we-have-nowhere-to-put-this-so-dump-it-in-there room) that was in the (larger) guest room previously is jammed into the nursery. yes, the nursery. the nursery that i so desperately want to finish. that i want to paint bees on the walls, that i want to make up the crib... that i want to hang little clothes in... that i just generally want READY. and i can't do a thing about it.

he was supposed to work on it this weekend. and even admitted he's feeling very far behind in preparations. problem? a friend of his (who is going through a divorce) is coming up from ohio this weekend. and our week-from-hell (classes! appts! doctors!) starts this weekend too... so basically, another weekend shot.

i'm frustrated. i don't know what to do. i'd work on it myself, but i can't.

oh, and my ob appt this coming monday? they scheduled me with the doctor who criticized me about my weight when i saw him. can't wait! (and yes, that means i'm obsessing. i can't help it...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Comfortable, it isn't. I have been stressing about getting the nursery done as well, and my husband has been much more laid-back about it. He did finally agree to get in gear to get things done this week, so I'm feeling a bit better. I know that it will all be alright if she comes and we're not ready, but it would just be so NICE to walk into a cute little nursery with tiny things folded and put away neatly. One of these days...

Anonymous said...

Our nursery isn't even started - it too serves as the all-purpose dumping ground for the house, and though S has asked to clean it out, my sewing stuff is also in there, and the way he "cleans," I'll never find what I need again. I think too that I'm just having a bit of an issue accepting what's on its way...
And yes, uncomfortable. 24/7.

I can't believe you're due in 50 days! This is so exciting!