7.18.2006

yikes!

so much celebrating was to be done yesterday. my husband has been contracted to a rather large company for the last 5 years and was finally hired in yesterday as an official employee. it's been in the works for awhile. and we knew it was happening. but, at his contract company he's been at the top of the payscale for a long time. and they lowered all the salaries for starting employees. which meant he could never get a raise, but at least they never cut his pay either. and we were worried what the official offer would be.

he finally got it yesterday and it's all good! when i got my new job we went out to dinner to celebrate. we went out to dinner for him too, but somehow... he ended up with a new toy as well. i didn't get a new toy! :(

he's like a little kid in a candy store and i love it. i love how happy it makes him. he's worked really hard the last few years to get where he is in the company and this is just further proof as how far he's come.

it is, however, a bit fast. and i was terrified a bit surprised as the salesman drove us up the street in it. he promised once alex drove it he wouldn't want anything else. and he was right. unfortunately they have to find the right color combo at another dealer so somebodyneeds to be patient for a few days. and that is not a strong suit for either of us!

so, er, i'm a little scared, but so happy for him!

1 comment:

Irish Girl said...

Congrats! On the job for Alex and the car for both of you!

It will be ok. Promise. I was FREAKING about D's new car too, because dang. You know?!

Just don't drive down Hines and get smashed to heck by a F-350. We're still waiting for the car to get fixed.

Did I just make this about me? Sorry!?!!

Anywho. Congrats again. We'll get together next week. After my speech (the wedding) and such. I'll let you know if my ill-fitting dress falls down and I flash the crowd whilst I give my silly words to the crowd (as I did in my dream, er, nightmare, last night).

No, really, I'm fine.

How's your back? Thinking of you!