5.10.2007

last night

last night i was able to have dinner with alovely, lovely woman and friend who helped me sort out my feeling about my mom deciding to come. after i left i had decided that i would tell her it would be best if she waited a bit to come. that alex and i needed to figure out things and settle in. and really? i just want it to be the two of us going to the hospital and being together at first. is that so wrong?

i felt good about it. my mom had called me duting dinner, but i figured i'd talk to her after. upon leaving the restaurant i checked my voicemail. she had left a message letting me know that she had BOUGHT HER TICKET FOR THIS SUNDAY, ONE WAY, OPEN-ENDED.

i have to say, i was in shock. not only is that in a few days (and i could potentially not have this baby for another month) but, um, hello? maybe check with us before buying a plane ticket!!?!?

i haven't seen my mother since the vegas debacle which was christmas 2005. and soon she'll be here. indefinitely.

i'm willing this baby be born before sunday. please, please let that happen.

1 comment:

Irish Girl said...

No. No no NO no nO.

Out baby. COME OUT TODAY!