5.08.2007

waiting...

so close, yet so far still... i really am ready for this little one to make an appearance. i have a new leg problem. i think the little one is on a nerve or something because now my right leg will just spasm, hurt like hell, and give out simultaneously. it's quite fun. you can imagine what i look like when this happens! and if that weren't enough, my air bed, my godsend, my love... DIED. it will no longer hold inflation. no idea why. it's not a good thing at all! we're had it less than 2 months, this really isn't fair. it couldn't hold out a few more weeks? rrrr.

in fun news, i had been trying to convince my husband we should get some cleaning help. mainly because i really suck at it (i'm not a very good housewife at all) and i'll admit, i used the baby as a bargaining chip. as in, people will be visiting and he really doesn't want me doing alllllll thaaaaaat work, does he? ok, that makes me sound bad, but seriously, we got a great referral. that was totally beyond reasonable. but he still didn't seem on board. but that little sneak went behind my back and sent it up to surprise me. she comes tomorrow! i'm excited! but also scared. i mean, i know our house isn't so horrible, but i feel like it is. i have to hold myself back from cleaning in advance. luckily my leg will help that.

i also realized i hadn't really shared any pictures of my belly. weird. wasn't intentional. although it's much cuter clothed. you really don't want to see it otherwise. trust me.

so here's a point of comparison... since everyone keeps telling me i'm not big enough to be due in a few weeks.

here's 8 weeks versus about 35. what do you think?

3 comments:

Kisha said...

You look tiny! I was going to email you today to see if you had been quiet while off having a baby, but I never got around to it because I am lazy, lazy.

Irish Girl said...

You do look tiny. But that's meant as a compliment, not as criticism. Some women (bitches ;-) are lucky and carry very well ... never get hugely huge. You are one of them! Enjoy it!

Sorry bout the mattress. That sucks. Will you just buy a new one? Sleep is pretty important. And likely this is not the last time you'll be pregnant and uncomfortable and in need of the magic air bed.

Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Lucky lucky - you look really gorgeous!!! Fabulous!
I understand about the leg - am so sorry. Did it's onset have anything to do with the death of the airbed?
As for cleaning help, that is one thing I will never, ever do without. You will never regret spending more time with the wee one in lieu of scrubbing toilets, and your house will look and smell really good. Once you get into a routine with your housekeeper you'll get comfortable and you'll wonder why/how you've managed so long without her. And don't worry about cleaning before she comes - she's seen much worse.
Can't wait for the big baby story post - anytime now, huh? Hang in there!