2.28.2005

i really hate HMOs

really.

so after all that legwork i did tryingto find a lab i could go to i was unsuccessful. i call my pcp, trying to do things the "right" way. that was last week. they call me today. they can't help me. can't get a referral for bloodwork. she said i should call my insurance company directly. *sigh* that's exactly what i didn't want to have to do. but fine.

so i suck it up and call. they tell me -- predictably -- that all referrals need to go through my pcp. yeah, thanks. tried that. i tell them my pcp told me to call them. she's like "that's not the policy" and i explain -- again -- the process i go through EVERY TIME when i need to get a referral for something slightly different.

it's so frustrating. SO frustrating. i try to tell them that i am tired of getting the run around. now what?

No comments: