7.07.2005

the news, it's not good.

so let's just out and say it: i have ms.

whew. there. i said it. 'course no one is listening, but there it is. july 6, 2005, i was diagnosed. without ceremony, without fanfare, and much to our shock and dismay. after almost a year of testing and poking and prodding, and wondering and debating, the oh-so-fun lumbar puncture of a few weeks back has confirmed it. I HAVE MS.

so she tells me then gets up to "get me information" and i'm just looking at alex in shock like, what?? that isn't what was supposed to happen. that's not what i expected. at all. i thought i'd get more percentages. more uncertain results. nope. this is it. we now have two months to decide what therapy to start. two months. you realize where that puts us, right? smack dab at the wedding.

i'm still in shock. i just don't even really know what to say. all i can think about is seeing greg a few weeks ago and that could be me. christ. i have ms.

what the hell do i do now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled over here (via my stat tracker) and wanted to say that I am sorry about your diagnosis. This has to be a lot for you to swallow and I am sure that you are scared. One of my close friends has MS. She was diagnosed at 27. 12 years later she is doing great, most people don't even know that she has MS. Her flare-ups are now few and far between and she has found a medication that works really well for her. This disease affects each person so differently. I hope that you and your neurologist can come up with a treatment plan that works well for you.

PS - Congrats on the weight loss, you look great! Oh yeah, and good luck with the wedding.