3.14.2006

i think i've just negated 1/2 my wardrobe

funny, for all the years that i had red hair i hated the color pink. my hatred for pink was deep and everyone who knew me knew how much i hated the color. it was my thing. you know? so having red hair was never an issue.

well, now that i'm smaller i feel much girlier and, well, i've come around. I've embraced pink. i have pink sneakers. (and a matching pink gym bag). several pink tops. so many. i even had pink capris last summer. me! pink capris! unheard of. when we were at my bridal shower in nh, i brought my bathing suit (pale pale pale pink with black trim) and all my "old" friends there and my mom flipped out. a PINK bathing suit? it was barely pink. barely. if they could only see my closet!

anyway, so my hair is red again. the next day i was like... oh shit! i can't wear pink anymore! not with red hair! and alex, the peach that he is, says we just need to buy new clothes (think someone likes the red hair??). we went running after work last night -- first time since last years 5K and i need to get ready for this years -- and i was wearing my... pink sneakers. and my new jacket.. that's pink. and i was like, oh man, is it bad? he said no, but my hair was up. i'm wearing a pink sweater today (seriously, my options were pink or pinker) and i just asked my coworker if it was a problem and she's like "yeah... kinda."

great. now what do i do? suck it up? change it back? bah. who have i become? i have a whole new problem with pink now!

3 comments:

Irish Girl said...

Guess I never thought about it but, yeah, depending on the *red* of the hair pinks might not work. Maybe in small doses?

On the yoga classes ... I'm starting at the Yoga Practice Center in Dixboro on Plymouth Rd. www.yogapracticecenter.com. I've never been there before but it is super close to my house. Little worried that I'll embarrass myself as I haven't done yoga in almost 5 years. And I'm one of the least flexible people in the world! But I really need something soothing and challenging.

Where have you guys been going?

Anonymous said...

You can definitely do red and pink (remember Pretty in Pink?), you just need to stick with the range and brightness of your hair. If you're a cool red, stick with cool pinks, warm red stick with warm pinks. I was red for years and my favorite color was pink, so I kind of learned how to make it work. It's a fine line to walk though, that's for sure. But when you hit it right, you look fabulous!

christina said...

Thanks for the yoga info IrishGirl. We started at Bally's actually and got addicted to it. Our teacher there also has free classes on Saturday mornings in Gallup Park it he summer. Lots of fun (come!!). We also go to Coach Me Fit in A2 on Stadium, mostly personal training but they started classes. We started going there and our teacher there is incredible. We LOVE him. We've also gone to Continuity Yoga on Washtenaw in Ypsi. Mostly because the teacher we love teaches there and gives workshops and stuff there too. Don't be worried/embarrased. You can't be less flaxible than our friend the ex-football player/body builder who we took to class with us a few weeks ago who loved it. Let me know how it goes!