1.25.2007

the big three-oh

so yesterday was my birthday. i don't know what it is about me and birthdays, but they are never quite what i think they will be.

things that happened yesterday:

1. i was still so sick that i barely made it through the (stressful) day at work. (can't really call out on your birthday, even if you ARE sick, it just looks fishy!)

2. we had a regular ob appt and i met with one of the docotors i've not met before. my husband thought it would be super funny to step on the scale behind me with his foot as i was getting weighed in. the nurse and i were quite puzzled how i had gone up that much in one week... he thought that was jsut hilarious. asshole.

3. my mother sent me an ecard (who knew?!)

4. i ws too sick to go our to celebrate so the highlight of my night was going and buying a vaporizer! with medicine inserts! i was waaaaay too excited about this.

5. i was also stoked to take one of my new tylenol with codeine that the new OB had written me an Rx for that was supposed to take away some pain and thusly helping me sleep. (it didn't work. on either front.)

so here i am, in a new decade. hoping, praying, i will feel better before we leave on our "surprise trip" tomorrow... that is, after seeing the geneticist. fingers crossed! the OB yesterday also reiterated how unlikely it is that anything is wrong, but i know we still need to go.

oh, and i found out that i have a "mandatory" meeting for work in CT on 3/3 (yes, a saturday, wtf?). i'm unclear on when i have to stop flying, soi i need to check that out today. but if i can go, like 3 of my close friends in CT are going to have a teeny CT baby shower for me. isn't that the coolest? apparently my best friend has been thinking about getting me out there for a visit anyway, and this jsut kind of fell into place, now convenient!

so, happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated!!! I hope you're feeling better!