1.17.2007

the good.... and the rest

in the good category, we hired the stair guy!

wooo! it means we have a bunch of prep work to do this weekend. he is coming by on friday to drop off the risers (and pick up his check) so we can paint them before he installs them (that was my request). he starts next week! i'm so thrilled! of course we both work at home and i'm assuming it will be, well, noisy, so i haven't worked all that out in my head yet... but YAY for the stair guy!

then, the other stuff...

i got a call yesterday. from my ob HERSELF. not a nurse. that in and of itself causes panic, of course. she tells me that there was something on the ultrasound from friday. she went on to explain it and tell me that it's "probably nothing" but it could potentially be a few things that i'm not too thrilled about, of course. she did tell me that the screening we did was all fine and showed no risk factors and all that, so that leads her to believe there's nothing to worry about. of course she did suggest we make an appointment with the geneticist to "go over our options."

the appointment is next friday. i've, of course, consulted with dr. g00gle who has reassured me the risks are less than 3%. and honestly? in my gut i totally believe everything it perfectly fine. even my doctor said not to worry, they just have to tell us. which i get.

so, it's certainly not something i was thrilled to hear, but i'm certain everything is ok. i'm guessing our biggest decision is whether or not to have an amnio. we'll see what mr. geneticist has to tell us next week.

1 comment:

Irish Girl said...

YAY for the stair guy is right! So happy to hear this will be taken care of soon. Good good good.

And I just left you a message re: "the rest". All is well, monkey is safe and happy and healthy in there, and trust your gut (AKA: mother's intuition!) on this one.

That said, I know you must be worried as any mom-to-be would. If there is anything (ANYTHING!) I can do for you please know I'm here. Here and able and willing to help.

Talk soon. We must :)