7.23.2003

sensitive spackling

why do i get upset over stupid shit? sure, i could blame it on lots of things but it just never makes any sense. for instance: alex hasn't felt well for a coupla days. this morning i can tell he's not doing so hot. so he emails me a coupla hours ago to say he's going home sick. this morning he had joked about me staying home to make him soup. so i say, want me to bring you over soup after work? and he's like, yeah... all sniffly and whiny. i, of course, am thinking, go pick up stuff that makes you happy when your sick and bring it over. i think it will be fun. right? enter spackling. i've been supposed to spackle my walls for weeks to paint before my stuff arrives from new hampshire. i've been a huge procrastinator. i was going to do it yesterday, finally, but i had a terrible migraine and ended up sleeping for 4 hours when i got home from work, so that shot last night. then it was going to be tonight (since a few people are comig over tomorrow to help me paint). then mr. sickness happens. i don't care, so i don't spackle, big deal. then he's like no, no... go spackle in that i-don't-want-you-to-spackle-really-i-want-you-to-come-over-here tone. so i'm sitting here waiting for copy for an ad that needs to go out tonight, so i call him to see how he is. he tells me i should spackle and not to come over. now, i know he's saying that because he knows i need to. but i guess i want him to come out and say "i want you to come over here." but he doesn't. well, i can come over if i want to he says. so now i make this into a big thing in my head like "fine. i'll spackle. in fact, i won't go see him tonight at all." why do i do this? i have no idea. and it makes me really upset. like now i'll feel like a fool if i do go over and not spackle.

i don't know what's wrong with me.

No comments: